“Kill nothing but Time, Carry nothing but Memories, Leave nothing but Footprints.”
Karpewadi Agro-Eco tourism hub practises sustainable management and encourages you to do so too. Located just 100 kms from Mumbai and 155 kms from Pune, Karpewadi is an ‘agrotel' where proximity to Nature is the central theme. For those who crave for action, there is private beach access, a range of activities to choose from onsite and a number of sightseeing destinations nearby. Professionally managed services, a no- compromise approach to providing basic creature comforts and the best quality home- cooked cuisine ensure that you are well taken care of.
Maybe that's why 75% of our guests keep coming back.At Karpewadi, rediscover Time, that casualty of the high- paced modern life. Lounge in a hammock as the soft sea breeze sings you a lullaby. Lose yourself in the dense foliage of the plantation. Find yourself on a solitary walk along the beach. Whether you are a corporate looking for the perfect location for a team- building exercise or a strategy planning session for top execs, or an institution searching for a place to organize nature orientation camp, or just a family or group of friends looking for a relaxing weekend get- together, Karpewadi is perfect for you.
Come home to Karpewadi. Come home to Nature.
Animal life :Prominent species of Birds : Paradise Flycatcher, White Breasted Eagle, Golden Oriole, Seagull, Golden Backed Woodpecker, Waterhen, Cormorant, Owl, Dove, Robin, Shrike, Pitta (Navrang), Parakeet, Egret, Kingfisher, Beeeater, Heron.
: Squirrel, Jackal, Hare, Palm Civet, Mongoose, Hyena, Wild Boar.
Butterflies : Karpewadi hosts more than 10 species of butterflies.
Marine life : The adjoining seashore of Karpewadi records a fairly large number of varieties of marine life forms as per their seasonal life cycles.
Plant life : Medicinal Plants : Aloe Vera, Kunchinpuddi (useful in treating skin infections), Fragmitis (a natural water purifier), Citronella.
Spices : Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Clove, Betel vine.
Midsize trees : Guava, Chikku, Jam, Kokum.
Large trees: Mangoes, Coconut, Areca nut, Jackfruit, Tamarind.
We have been ecofriendly even before ecofriendliness became fashionable. This is what we do at Karpewadi :
- All our agriculture and horticulture follows organic farming by definition, without any compromise.
- We reuse water for plants using biological methods.
- We serve condiments in reusable pots, not use-and-throw sachets.
- Drinking water glasses are kept upside down, not in single-use plastic bags.
- We use energy-efficient CFL / LED lamps to save energy.
- Our kitchen waste goes to our poultry / animals as feed, converting waste into eggs and milk.
- We minimize use of paper stationery, thus saving trees and reducing threat to the air we breathe.
- Our rooms are painted using lime (CaCO3) with negligible amount of VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) making it free from all chemical and pollutant gases and materials.
- Bath water is heated in boilers burning coconut waste. Even the smoke is used to fumigate the farm and ash as manure for plants. The ash also acts as an effective mosquito repellent.
- We have simple natural stone beds and eco-board beds with coir mattresses.